Associate Director for Programs and Outreach
The Jewish Institute for National Security of America (JINSA) is dedicated to educating Congressional, military and civilian national security decision-makers on American defense and strategic interests, primarily in the Middle East, the cornerstone of which is a robust U.S.-Israeli security cooperation. JINSA believes that a strong American military and national security posture is the best guarantor of peace and the survival of our values and civilization.
JINSA is looking for an Associate Director of Programs and Outreach based in Washington, D.C. to help direct and advance the organization’s educational programs and outreach work. The Associate Director will:
- Work with JINSA’s programmatic team to plan and execute international educational programs for high-level military and law enforcement executives.
- Build and maintain relationships with program participants and develop new strategies to engage participants after the conclusion of their trips.
- Develop and implement ways to ensure that educational programs are continuing education efforts.
- Track and analyze participant engagement data, participant feedback, program budgets and expenses, and create regular reports on these matters for JINSA management.
- Plan and manage the logistics of outreach programs such as regional and national events, base visits, webinars, and conference calls, in conjunction with JINSA’s development, policy, and communications teams.
The Associate Director will report directly to the Director of Programs and Outreach, and his/her responsibilities will be commensurate with experience. Some domestic and international travel will be required.
Experience and Education
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, at minimum.
- 4+ years in a professional setting, specifically with strong program management experience.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills with proficiency in Excel. Candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, possess strong time-management skills, and ability to collaborate with others.
- An innovative, assertive self-starter who can work well alone and in groups.
- Understanding of and passion for Middle East geopolitics, U.S. defense issues, and Israel strongly preferred.
- Conversant in Hebrew is preferred.
JINSA offers a very competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits package.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and 1-2 writing samples to JINSA Director of Programs and Outreach Harris Vederman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Absolutely no phone calls, please.
Full-time, exempt position.