Digital Media Associate
JINSA seeks a creative, hard-working and digitally savvy individual to join our team as a Digital Media Associate. This is a full-time position, with excellent benefits, reporting to the Director of Communications. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Conceptualize and develop creative ways to package and promote JINSA’s policy papers, events and national security briefs across the digital media world.
- Oversee, create content for, and grow the following of JINSA’s social media networks, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Develop and implement a system to use innovative videos and graphics to promote JINSA’s policy priorities and experts across various online platforms.
- Arrange television and radio interviews for JINSA experts on topics related to JINSA’s mission.
- Oversee production of media email product that provides the day’s top stories accompanied by JINSA experts available to provide analysis.
- Foster relationships and promote events conducive to increasing ties between JINSA and television producers and bookers; influential bloggers; and podcast and radio talk show hosts and producers.
- Work with the Director of Communications to develop and execute media plans to generate coverage of JINSA’s policy papers, national and regional events,and comments on issues related to JINSA’s mission.
- Develop talking points, press background briefing material, and op-eds in conjunction with policy staff and organizational experts/leadership.
- Promote to the media the organization’s news and policy-oriented conference calls, webinars, events, etc.
- Two or more years of experience in digital communications at a news organization, think tank, public affairs agency, political campaign, trade association or corporation
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in communications, journalism, political science, or related fields
- Familiarity with social media networks, and graphic design, and an ability to think creatively about expanding JINSA’s social media presence.
- Experience with video production, equipment and editing and recording software.
- Strong writing and editing skills, high attention to detail, and strong organizational skills, including timeliness and accuracy
- Proven ability to multi-task on diverse projects, handle multiple assignments at once, and work under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working alone or collaboratively with a team.
- Strong interest in U.S. military and national security issues, including issues related to Israel and the Middle East
- Proficiency in Google Suite (including Analytics and AdWords), Microsoft Office Suite, and an understanding of WordPress.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample to JINSA Director of Communications Jerry Markon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Absolutely no phone calls, please.