Director of Communications
JINSA seeks an experienced and hard-working individual to join our team as a Director of Communications. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Design and implement JINSA’s overall media strategy.
- Build relationships between JINSA and reporters, columnists, and editorial boards of relevant publications.
- Arrange frequent television and radio interviews for JINSA experts on topics related to JINSA’s mission.
- Generate and ensure media coverage of JINSA national and regional events and conference calls
- Establish “rapid response” protocol to ensure that JINSA analyses are featured in the news cycle.
- Compile and distribute daily media pitch with the day’s top stories accompanied by JINSA experts available to provide analysis.
- Manage JINSA’s social media networks and build organization’s digital presence.
- 3-7 years of experience with communications issues at a think tank, the legislative or executive branches of government, a public affairs agency, political campaign, trade association, or corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, political science, or related fields.
- Strong interest in U.S. military and national security issues, including issues related to Israel and the Middle East.
- Relationships with key journalists or reporters at relevant print, television, and radio outlets.
- Strong writing and editing skills, high attention to detail, and strong organizational skills, including timeliness and accuracy.
- Experience with digital communications and social media, as well as proficiency in Google Suite (including Analytics and AdWords), Microsoft Office Suite, and an understanding of WordPress.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations, schedules and deadlines.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working alone or collaboratively with a team.
Location: Washington, D.C.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample to JINSA Managing Director Leo Nayfeld at Lnayfeld@jinsa.org. Absolutely, No phone calls, please.