Senior Development Associate
The Jewish Institute for National Security of America (JINSA), a non-profit, non-partisan policy organization focused on strengthening U.S. national security and the U.S.-Israel security relationship, seeks an experienced and mission driven individual to join our team as a Senior Development Associate to assist with donor outreach, foundation and donor research/cultivation, grant application and report writing, and more.
This is a full-time position. Candidates can be located in Washington, D.C., New York City, Los Angeles or South Florida.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective foundations and donors.
- Research and identify prospective funding opportunities relevant to the organization’s mission.
- Assist in planning and executing fundraising events and meetings.
- Write grant proposals and reports.
- Arrange meetings with prospects and donors for JINSA’s Washington-based staff.
Some domestic travel may be required.
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience. Some development experience required.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum).
- High attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working alone or collaboratively with a team.
- Proficient in basic office software, such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Compensation: JINSA offers a very competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and great benefits.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to JINSA Managing Director Leo Nayfeld at Lnayfeld@jinsa.org. No phone calls, please.
The Jewish Institute for National Security of America (JINSA) is dedicated to educating Congressional, military and civilian national security decision-makers on American defense and strategic interests, primarily in the Middle East, the cornerstone of which is a robust U.S.-Israeli security cooperation. JINSA believes that a strong American military and national security posture is the best guarantor of peace and the survival of our values and civilization.