Vice President of Government Affairs
JINSA seeks an experienced, creative, and hard-working individual to join our team as Vice President of Government Affairs. This is a full-time position, with excellent benefits, will report to the President & CEO. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Identify and build relationships with key congressional offices and committees, as well as Executive Branch agencies and departments, relevant to JINSA’s policy priorities.
- Develop and implement strategy to promote JINSA policy objectives to those policymakers.
- Maintain regular engagement with key policymakers and staff in Congress and the Executive Branch.
- Communicate JINSA policy recommendations to relevant government officials and relay to JINSA the priority concerns of policymakers.
- Work with JINSA’s policy and communications team to adapt policy reports, memos, etc. into products tailored to government audiences.
- Recruit Members of Congress to participate in JINSA’s annual program for legislators to travel to Israel.
- Secure participation of key staff and policymakers in JINSA’s in-person and virtual events and webinars.
- Manage Director of Government Affairs.
- 10+ years in a relevant position, such as non-profit, trade association, or corporate government affairs director, Congressional staffer, or Executive Branch official, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in political science, international affairs, history, or related fields
- Experience working in government strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task on diverse projects, handle multiple assignments at once, and work under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working alone or collaboratively with a team.
- Strong interest in U.S. military and national security issues, including issues related to Israel and the Middle East
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample to JINSA Managing Director Leo Nayfeld at Lnayfeld@jinsa.org. Absolutely no phone calls, please.