The Jewish Institute for National Security of America (JINSA) is dedicated to educating Congressional, military and civilian national security decision-makers on American defense and strategic interests, primarily in the Middle East, the cornerstone of which is a robust U.S.-Israeli security cooperation. JINSA believes that a strong American military and national security posture is the best guarantor of peace and the survival of our values and civilization.
JINSA is looking for a Program Associate to support and advance the organization’s mission by:
- Co-managing JINSA’s educational programs for military officers including coordination, organization, and execution, as well as outreach efforts required to advance those programs.
- Organizing and staffing events, building and maintaining relationships with organizational stakeholders, and conducting follow-up with participants through surveys, communications, database entry and mailings.
- Conducting additional programmatic events such as conference calls, briefings, reception dinners, visits and lectures, etc.
- Working on JINSA’s Annual Awards Dinner and National Leadership Conference.
The Program Associate will report directly to JINSA’s Director of Programs and Outreach. Some domestic and international travel will be required.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1–2 years in a professional setting, specifically with strong program management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be detail-oriented, organized. and possess strong time-management skills.
- Strong understanding of Middle East geopolitics and U.S. defense issues preferable.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample to Harris Vederman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Absolutely no phone calls, please.
Full-time, exempt position based in Washington, D.C. Non-negotiable.